Making a leather bag is not as hard as it may seem. Leather bags or purses are durable and do not wear out as fast as other fabrics do. This leather bag design is a small leather purse that is both fashionable and easy to make.
1. Cut the fabric into three equal sections. The sections make up the front, back and flap of the purse. Trim 2 inches off of one of the sections to use as the leather purse's strap.
2. Taper the edges of the section that was cut for the strap. Cut 2 inches from one side at a 45-degree angle. Trim the tapered ends into a rounded shape. This is the flap. Trim it to make the flap of the purse shorter or leave it at full length, as desired.
3. Place the front and back pieces on top of each other, right sides together. Sew a 1/4 inch hem around the pieces of the purse to connect them together. You now have a square pouch shape.
4. Sew the flap onto the back of the purse 2 inches from the top. Make sure the edge you sew is not the tapered edge. Sew a 1/4 inch hem around the edge of the flap.
5. Find the middle of the width of the purse and flap where you want the snap to be. Attach the snap to that spot on the flap and the corresponding spot on the front of the purse.
6. Fold the edges of the two strap pieces in 1/2 inch. Sew them together with the leather facing out on both pieces. Attach the strap to the bag by sewing them on the back of the bag at equal distances. Trim these pieces before they are sewn to make the strap shorter.
B & G FASHIONS INTERNATIONAL CO;LTD
Job Title: Salesman
Department: Sales Dept